The Room 217 Foundation needs your help. Please consider making a donation today or volunteering to help us reach our goals!
Ways of giving
- A one time gift
- A monthly gift
- As a memoriam for your loved one
- As a tribute (birthdays, anniversaries, holidays)
- A legacy gift
Giving is easy
You can donate
- Securely online through CanadaHelps.org: Click here to make a donation now!
- By mail: Room 217 Foundation, Box 145, Port Perry, ON L9L 1A2
- By phone: 905.852.2499
Cheques should be made payable to the Room 217 Foundation. The Room 217 Foundation is a registered Canadian charity (BN# 85728 5092 RR0001).
Join our Monthly Giving Program and help provide a lasting secured gift to the Room 217 Foundation. Become a leader with a regular monthly pledge and help provide comforting support to those in life limiting situations and their caregivers by producing distinctive music care resources, training frontline care providers in the use of music as a means of care, and promoting creative research in music and care.
Monthly Giving is a source of predictable revenue, enabling the Room 217 Foundation to plan confidently and strategically for a sustainable future.
Monthly Giving is easy. Simply specify a pre-authorized donation from your credit card each month and at the end of the year, you will have made a lasting contribution. Become a member – it is a safe, secure and a significant way to help us achieve our mission. A monthly gift of $10, $20 or $100 will make a significant difference.
An In Memoriam gift is a thoughtful tribute to the memory of a beloved family member or friend by giving a gift in their name. This is a distinctive way to commemorate the memory of a loved one by supporting an organization that is dedicated to care for the whole person with music.
If you are making arrangements for a loved one, we would be happy to provide In Memoriam donation cards to the funeral home.
The Rooms Everywhere giving program is a way you can help the Room 217 Foundation deliver music care resources to people in need and caregivers in rooms dedicated to care across Canada. Rooms Everywhere is a tangible opportunity for you to bring hope and comfort to people in complex care or life threatening situations through the gentle music of Room 217.
Your donation will provide Room 217 music resouces to a specific room dedicated to care somewhere in Canada.
- $50 - 3 Room 217 CDs + User Guide
- $100 - 1 Box Set + User Guide
- $250 - Bedside Kit - 1 each of Room 217 CDs + User Guide + Recollections DVD + Music Care Resource Guide
- $500 - Community Care Bundle - A variety of 20 Room 217 CDs + 5 Recollection DVD + Music Care Resource Guide to be used by professional homecare providers
- $1000 - Facility Starter Kit - All Room 217 Resources + a variety of 25 Room 217 CDs + 10 Recollection DVDs to be used by a care facility
A Tribute gift is a unique opportunity to let family members, friends or colleagues know that you are thinking of them on a birthday, anniversary, graduation, bar/bat mitzvah, retirement or other memorable occasion.
People across the country are putting their skills and talents to a good cause by hosting or organizing fundraising events in their communities and donating all proceeds to the Room 217 Foundation.
Activities such as:
- BBQs, gala dinners, carnivals, cocktail or theme parties
- Yard sales, bake sales, book sales, craft sales
- Service-for-donation events, such as car washes, lawn care, dog walking, snow shoveling
- Golf tournaments, card tournaments, sporting competitions and other "a-thons"
What do you like to do? What are you good at? What can you do to help Room 217?
Put the "fun" in fundraising, call us at 905.852.2499 or email us at email@example.com for more information on how to get started!
You may direct your gift
A program gift advances Room 217 programs
- production of Room 217 CDs and DVDs
- development of Music Care, Room 217's education resources
- Room 217 research projects
A product gift helps distribute Room 217 resources to hospices and palliative care rooms.
A Rooms Everywhere gift delivers music care resources to people in need and caregivers in rooms dedicated to care across Canada.
A posterity gift ensures the long term stability of the Foundation through endowments or capital gifts.
When you support Room 217
All levels of support are appreciated and will be honored on our website and in the Annual Report of the Room 217 Foundation. Gifts may also be received with anonymous recognition. We are grateful to all those who help us provide presence, friendship and companionship through music care. All gifts of $20 and greater will be issued an income tax receipt and will receive an electronic subscription to Doorway to Room 217.