What is the Room 217 Foundation?
The Room 217 Foundation is a not-for-profit corporation and registered Canadian charity dedicated to caring for the whole person with music.
The mission of the Room 217 Foundation is to raise and steward funds to provide comforting support to those in life limiting situations and their caregivers by:
- Producing distinctive music care resources
- Training frontline care providers in the use of music as a means of care
- Promoting creative research in music and care
- Room 217 CDs
- Companion DVD
- Music Care
- Music for life's journey Concert
- Educational Presentations
- Conference - Coming Soon!
- Research Projects
- two studies are currently underway within the healthcare sector
- Dr. Robert Foster
- Bev Foster
The inspirational music of Room 217 and its founder have received nominations and awards.
- 2005 - Spirit Wings, nominated Best Instrumental Album, Covenant Awards
- 2006 - Gentle Waters, nominated Best Instrumental Album, Covenant Awards
- 2006 - Bev Foster, Leading Woman of the Year in Arts, Culture & Sports, Leading Woman Awards
- 2007 - Hugs & Kisses, nominated Best Children's Album, Covenant Awards
- 2007 - Room 217, John Gallagher Best Booth Award in recognition of excellence in design, display and customer relations, OLTCA/ORCA Trade Show and Convention, Toronto, Ontario
- Alzheimer's Care Today Journal: Best Practices, The Capacity of Music in Dementia Care
- Canadian Association of Gerontology Newsletter, The Capacity of Room 217 Therapeutic Music in an Aging Society
- Fitting the Pieces Together (Publication of the Palliative Pain & Symptom Management Consultation Service, Durham Region), Music for End of Life’s Journey
- Long Term Care Magazine, Music for Life’s Journey: The Role of Music in Long Term Care
- ATRAbute (Alberta Therapeutic Association), Music for Life’s Journey
- Stride Magazine, Sensitively Escorting People Through the next Phase